Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Revised Blog Post 5 for Final Assignment Anthology

Night Sky Pie
Lying on the lawn and facing the clear night sky, I can feel the zephyr touching my skin and see countless stars twinkling in the distance. I am at the Dolomites, a mountain range located in northeastern Italy. It is hard to imagine that in the middle of nowhere, there is this boutique hotel offering a soothing place for relaxation and meditation.

Breathing the cool, refreshing air of the midnight, I start to create a pie recipe in my head. I am calling it the “Night Sky Pie of the Dolomites”. There is dark chocolate, coffee powder, and nata de coco. A layer of dark chocolate will be the base of the pie and an extra thin layer of coffee powder will be spread on top of it, representing the dark sky. Small pieces of nata de coco will be placed sporadically on the pie, symbolizing the twinkling stars. The bitterness of dark chocolate and the sweet taste of nata de coca will neutralize each other, creating a balanced flavor. This pie is a symbol of tranquility in the dark night.

Original Version: http://eng101benhe.blogspot.com/2016/11/blog-post-nov.html

No comments:

Post a Comment